July 18, 2011

We've been betrayed...

So I didn't feel left out, I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 the other day. I'm not a huge Potter fan, I've never read the books, probably never will and although I'm proud that one of the most successful film franchise of all time is British, I find the films quite difficult to get on with. I'm an adult who understands the hero's journey and all that, but I have always found the Potter films hard to follow, they skip time in such a subtle way and there are so many characters. I'm probably just not that interested. Christ I've sat through Cleopatra and the directors cut of Dances with Wolves. And I understand Dune, (Okay so I don't understand Dune)

Deathly Hallows Part 1 was no exception to it's predecessors, at best it felt like a filler for the epic conclusion that has just hit theaters. Almost like standing next to an ugly person makes you look better - Deathly Hallows Part 2 couldn't be any worse than it's older brother...

Anyway, as an editor I was itching to cut all the boring 'Lord Of The Rings' style aimless wandering about out of Hallows Part 1 so I was rather pleased to find this.



These chaps have gone even further and condensed the last 7 movies into seven minutes...

No comments: